Production and senior plant operating personnel; facilities
engineers with process responsibility; process contractor
YOU WILL LEARN
* To evaluate and select processes to remove acid
gases (H2S CO2 COS CS2 mercaptans etc) from gas
* To describe the available gas treating technology and
processes; recognize advantages and disadvantages.
* To estimate solvent circulation rates, energy
requirements and equipment sizes.
* To recognize and evaluate solutions to common
* To use Claus Sulfur process and other sulfur recovery
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course emphasizes process selection, practical
operating issues, technical fundamentals, and integration
of the sweetening facilities into the overall scheme of gas
processing. Sulfur recovery and tail gas processes are
also covered including standard Claus configurations,
SuperClaus®, EuroClaus®, SCOT® etc.
During the course participants will use simple chemistry to discuss
trace sulfur compounds and study the effect of H2S:CO2
ratio. Liquid product treating will be discussed. Corrosion
and materials and NACE requirements will also be
* Gas specifications and process selection criteria
* Other amine-based solvents and Sulfinol ®, Flexsorb ®